Monday, January 5, 2009

Aalim Moor III sends us his latest diary entry



As I get ready to start my last and final BSAL league run for St. Mary's High, I wanted to give you an update on how my pre-season ended up.

I was pleased with the way we played during this pre-season. We ended up being 12-2 and really came together as a team. Guys really accepted their roles and played their positions. For me, it was an eye-opening experience. As I told you before, all summer long I worked out hard with my strength and conditioning trainer, hours of skill development with my coaches and shot thousands of shots on my own. So far it has all paid off!

Here are my numbers from the final (2) events of Pre Season:

Justin Sienna 15 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 blocks
Marin Catholic Tourney 14 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block

St. Mary’s College High School (Pre-Season ’08)


12 points per game, 6 assists per game, 4 rebounds per game, 2 steals per game and 1 blocked shot per game.

Highlights and Achievements (Pre-Season ’08)

*** 22 points vs. Monte Vista at the “Marin Catholic Tournament”
*** All Tournament Team “Marin Catholic Tournament”
*** All Tournament Team “Scattini Tournament”
*** 12 assists vs. Sacred Heart Cathedral, SF

Summary:

This was the final pre-season of my high school career. I feel that it was by far one of the most fun and memorable ones. Even though our record isn’t what it was last year at this time (14-0), I feel our team is as close as it has ever been.

Going into league, we plan to play every game like it is our last because technically it is for the seniors. I am expected to be a leader on this team. My coaches have asked me to do a lot this year on the basketball court, but mostly in terms of leadership, and I’m prepared to play my position.

I’ve been attending some SJSU (pre-game, half-time and post-game) games recently, I feel really comfortable with the SJSU team and the coaching staff and cannot wait until I am able to get up there and get to work. But in the mean time, I want to finish this year off in the BSAL with a bang plus get ready for a rematch with Monte Vista on January 17th at Cal Berkeley...We owe them one!

I will write again about half way into league play.

No comments: