Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Anthony Dixon's initial diary




Earlier we featured a diary from Aalim Moor, a 6-3 point guard at St. Mary's High in Berkeley who signed a letter-of-intent with San Jose State back in November. Here is Anthony Dixon's initial diary to The Rebounders. Anthony is a 6-4 wing playing for Hyde Park (the residential area of President-elect Barack Obama) in Chicago.

Well this being my first diary, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Anthony Dixon and I am a senior at Hyde Park Career High in Chicago, Illinois and also one of the top players in the state.

I feel honored to be able to say that I am a San Jose State Spartan but currently I am a Hyde Park Thunderbird. So far we have been doing very well -- we have a record of 12-3. Those three losses were very tough. The first was against T.F North at Chicago State -- I only had 5 points. The second loss was against North Lawndale, the number one team in the state. It was a great game as our team played very hard but we let it slip away. I had 10 points and 12 rebounds. The third loss was against a team by the name of Curie. That was a very big game and we lost on a buzzer beater -- we played very hard but couldn't come away with it. I believe I had 10 points and 10 rebounds.

We are very good. We always play like a team and most of all we trust in each other. We have 2009 6'3 shooting guard Malcolm Griffin, who is also one of the top players in Illinois and is being recruited by colleges all over the country.

Plus we have 2009 6'6 forward Jerome Moore who is a very versatile player and is also one of the top players in the state as well. Colleges around the country are looking at him too.

We also have two very good point guards who run the team by the name of Martel Jackson and Fabyon Harris. Jackson is a 2009 point guard and about 5-9 but plays like he is 6-4. Many colleges are looking at him as well. Harris is a 2010 hard-working point guard with the ability to score and he hates to lose.

We also have a powerful bench -- Aqui Shareef is one of the top players in the 2011 class, Treyshawn Jones is one of the top players in the 2012 class, Shawn Allen is an elite point guard and many others.

We won our Christmas tournament with Malcolm Griffin, Jerome Moore and myself making the all-tournament team.

We have a great coaching staff -- Donnie Kirksey, Coach O'Quinn, Robert Mabry, and Jason Maclin. All of these coaches have a great deal of experience and have helped me play the way I do today. Other coaches who have also really helped me are Larry Butler, Jason Kent, and Antonio Ross. These coaches really took me up under their wing and always told me that I would be okay and that the college for me was coming.

I was talking to many colleges when San Jose State came in the picture. SJSU stood out the most. Everything about the college fits me and I'm glad that I signed there. The coaching staff couldn't have been any better. They really showed me everything I needed to know and that was good . I'm glad that I can play with the Spartan players and play under that coaching staff. I am also really excited with who I am coming in with: Aalim Moor and Joe Henson. They are two elite players who will really do some big things for San Jose State.

So I know I wrote a lot but this just an introduction and I want to say Happy New Year to everybody reading this and God Bless. Go Spartans.

No comments: